Enjoy these fabulous tips to speed up your metabolism: they are simple to apply and yet very effective.
Highlights of the video:
- Take cold showers to improve circulation.
- Don’t skip meals because skipping meals slows down your metabolism. Don’t forget your breakfast.
- Eat lean protein at every meal, and aim to make lean protein 30 percent of your daily food intake. A Dutch study found that people who did increased their metabolism all day long, even while they slept!
- Eat complex carbohydrates because they boost metabolism.
- Spice up your food with red chili pepper, black pepper, and ginger since it helps your body burn more calories immediately after the meal.
- Get intense bursts of exercise for a few minutes every day because it has been scientifically proven that this kind of exercise can speed your metabolism in just two weeks.
- Lift weights because building muscle increases your resting metabolic rate, the number of calories your body burns when it’s doing nothing at all. Some research has shown that weight training can raise a person’s resting metabolic rate by 15 percent in 12 weeks.
- Bonus Tip – Lifting free weights builds muscles more efficiently than lifting on weight machines.
- Fidget. Move around more during the day, even if it’s just small movements while sitting. Studies show that naturally thin people fidget more than heavier people. And fidgeting is a lot easier than working out!